Thursday, July 1, 2010

Personal statement Question #4

Ever since my junior year, I’ve been receiving college letters almost every day. Usually, I would look at what college it was from, and just toss it. A lot of the schools didn’t interest me. Until one day, I got a letter from the Culinary Institute of America or the CIA. Now, I had heard about this school before, and from what I heard, it was the best school around for culinary arts. I had heard my culinary teacher talk about how it was such a great school and that our class should aspire to go there if we decide to attend culinary school.

The one college that I really want to attend is the Culinary Institute of America. A lot of the best and most well known chefs graduated from the CIA. I wanted to follow into their footsteps. People like Duff Goldman, Hung Huynh, and Michael Symon are a few of the alumni that I aspire to be like some day. They are chefs that I look up to because of their success and their ability to do what they do today. Those being alumni from the CIA, makes me believe that with determination and the opportunity to attend the CIA, I too, can become successful like them.

The CIA is a school that I have done a lot of research about, and over time, I realized that this was my dream school. They offer the best education out of any other culinary institute and they are well known for their students. The CIA’s instructors are classically trained and have a lot of experience in the food industry, which is another reason why I like their school so much. Comparing it to other culinary institutes, none of them match up to the quality of the CIA.

Earning a degree from the CIA means that I have accomplished my dreams of graduating from my favorite school. I think a degree from them will show that all of my hard work and determination will have paid off. A culinary arts degree, I think, will give me great opportunities and will put me in the same category as other famous chefs that graduated from the CIA. Earning this degree will show that I have the talent and capability to do great in the culinary world.

The Culinary Institute of America is my dream school. Earning a degree in culinary arts from them is one of my life goals. With hard work and determination, I think I have the capability to earn this degree and show myself that I can be a great chef someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment