Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My First Week as a College Student

So when I found out that I was enrolled in the English class, I was pretty excited because that's the class I wanted to take in the first place. I was nervous to find out who the teacher was and who else was going to be in that class.

So the first day when we all walked into class, we saw Ms. Fountain, she seemed like a really cool teacher and she still is. Ms. Fountain is, in my opinion, a good teacher. She's a teacher that has my respect because she knows what she is doing and how this helps us.

To me, College 101 is kind of boring. Now, hear me out, I only think its boring so far because everything we do and talk about sounds like common sense. We should all know how to write a resume, its not very hard... And "How to be successful in college" I think that should be self explanatory... The only thing that was interesting was the presentation by Lamarr, that's the only time I think i actually learned something that was important and something I didn't know before.

Also, I would just like to point something out... When we had to use our imagination to imagine ourselves 10 years into the future and and people were talking about how they were going to go to med. school or whatever and maintain a 4.7 cumulative GPA? I don't think that's realistic... Really, it's not realistic. Grades in college are based on a 4 point scale... Not a 5 point scale.

Now, moving on from my rant.
Our study groups are pretty good. We learn a lot of information and it's good review for whatever it was we talked about previously in class. Also, we get extra time during our study group to finish or revise homework. My RA's were Miguel and Jarett. They're really good people and are good at helping us in our study group. Them being real college students shows what really happens in the classroom and things we should look out for.

As for the campus as a whole, I like my schedule I have set up for myself. Class, HPER, then homework. Also, everyone here at the program, I like. They're all really cool people and I hope to keep in touch with them. The only thing I like about this program is driving and finding parking. It takes me 7 days to go through my whole tank of gas, and yes, I'm car-pooling. Parking isn't that bad since I'm borrowing my friend's parking pass to park in the garage. Food is tough to find here, especially after you're working out at the HPER for 2 hours because everything closes at 2:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment